FIG is native to Asia. Throughout history, ancient fig trees have been cultivated as one of the fruits by ancient civilizations. This fruit has been spread across the Mediterranean Sea from West Asia regions. This fruit is pronounced almost the same in all the world. Fig is called in French (figue), in German (feige), in Italian and Portuguese (figo) and in Spanish (higo) or (brevo). figs can be used in special diets like low-fat diet, low in sodium, high-fiber, weight loss, diabetes and even as Mediterranean diet.
The harvest season of Fig starts from the end of Summer till the first of autumn, although they are available all along the year as they are dried and packed in suitable packages.
In the following you can find the most popular Dried Fig Grades.
Dried Fig Grades:
- Grade 101AA ( Size: about 22mm. Up to 90% of this grade is open mouth)
- Grade 101A ( Size: about 14 to 22mm. some percentage of this grade is open mouth)
- Grad AA ( Size: about 22mm. Up to 90% of this grade is Close mouth)
- Grade B ( Size 14 to 18 mm)
- Grade C ( Size: about 14 to 22mm. has brown color)
Health Benefits of Fig
Fig is a great source of fiber and full of vitamins and minerals Like vitamin B6, copper, potassium, manganese, pantothenic acid, ….
Here are some health benefits of figs:
- Figs help us to improve digestive health.
- Figs help us to reach a healthy blood pressure
- Figs help us to improve kidney health.
- Figs help us to decrease the risk of various cancers.
- Figs assist us in energy production and antioxidant defense.
- Figs assist us in a healthier circulatory system.
- Figs are good for bone health